Headquartered just outside of Denver in the community of Golden, SourceGas is a leading supplier and distributor of natural gas to residential and business customers in Arkansas, Colorado, Nebraska, and Wyoming. And it’s no secret that our steady growth as a utility has been fueled by the talent and energy of our dedicated employee base. That same growth has now created the following opportunity to join our close-knit corporate headquarters team.
Financial Planning and Analysis Manager - 1792
- Direct the activities of financial analysts in developing, analyzing and reporting budgets, actuals and forecasts for the Company
- Maintain and improve detailed financial models that track and analyze margin and expenses and their impact on the Company’s overall performance
- Develop financial models for scenario analysis including various financial metrics such as return on equity, return on invested capital, etc.
- Proactively participate in the development and implementation of SAP/Cognos forecasting and budgeting tools and reports
- Assist in the development of dashboards and reports for trending and analysis of specific business objectives and processes
- Regularly use spreadsheets, database and word processing software, and periodically learn new programs
- May be required to work non-traditional hours as needed
- May be required to carry a company-provided cell phone/pager and be available to respond during working hours; may be required to respond during non-working hours
- Travel within geographic region (generally Colorado, Wyoming, Nebraska and Arkansas), and occasionally out of the geographic region, may be required and is anticipated, including overnight and/or weekend travel
- Bachelor’s degree required; Accounting, Finance, or Economics discipline is strongly preferred
- CPA, MBA and/or CFA a plus
- 9 years of FP&A or related experience with consistent increase in responsibilities
- Advanced, hands-on expertise in utilizing SAP/Cognos for forecasting, planning, analysis, and reporting
- Advanced hands-on expertise in financial modeling, as well as Microsoft Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Word
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to successfully perform the required and expected duties with minimal direct supervision
- Must be self-motivated and able to successfully perform multiple tasks with strict deadlines
- Ability to organize work effectively, reprioritize as new demands arise, and maintain strict confidentiality
- Ability to take general directions from several sources, partner with cross-functional teams to understand needs and business drivers, focus attention on details as well as bigger picture, and complete projects required
At SourceGas, you'll enjoy highly competitive compensation along with an outstanding benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) with employer contribution, and much, much more. SourceGas is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, age, citizenship status, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status. EOE/M/F/D/V
IN ADDITION TO THE RÉSUMÉ, APPLICANTS ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO SUBMIT A COVER LETTER FOR THIS POSITION. PLEASE UTILIZE THE "NOTES" FIELD WITHIN THE ONLINE APPLICATION TOOL IN ORDER TO SUBMIT YOUR COVER LETTER.
To submit your application for this position, click here.