Headquartered just outside of Denver in the community of Golden, SourceGas is a leading supplier and distributor of natural gas to residential and business customers in Arkansas, Colorado, Nebraska, and Wyoming. And it’s no secret that our steady growth as a utility has been fueled by the talent and energy of our dedicated employee base. That same growth has now created the following opportunity to join our close-knit corporate headquarters team.
Manager of Load Growth (or Senior) - 1684
- Manage and direct the new customer, load growth and retention activities of SourceGas, including agricultural, residential, commercial, industrial, CNG and poultry customer programs for SourceGas.
- Manage and direct Load Growth Representatives (LGRs) using proper sales management tools. Identify and develop new growth projects and coordinate team activities with other SourceGas departments to facilitate projects, such as Engineering, Operations, Customer Care, Accounting.*
- Manage and direct the Ag Team. Coordinate engine sales programs and other load retention/growth service offerings. Manage the annual Ag Choice Farmer meetings, determine Ag Choice Step Rates.*
- Create and review the economic expansion model projects for the load growth team to ensure proper financial returns on growth projects, recognition and management of risk, and adherence to Tariff requirements. Revise base model as Tariff and business conditions require.*
- Monitor and report meter counts and other consumption indicators of growth and changes in customer count on periodic basis. Produce forecast and budget meter counts and (RME) residential meter equivalent calculations. Monitor and budget Ag and transport customer counts and volumes. Provide ad-hoc reports for management concerning customer counts, volumes and trends.*
- Develop finical reporting tools to efficiently report on capXtra projects, XIA programs and other growth initiatives. Create load growth forecasts and budgets.
- Deploy new technologies to aid in the load growth of the company, utilize Fieldbook to its full potential, and develop (CRM) client relationship management tools to assist LGRs in the field. Utilize SAP and customer data to improve efficiencies.
- Develop, implement and promote new tools that aid in customer growth such as customer connection incentives, marketing programs, customer sales presentation models. Assist team in training SourceGas field personnel in use of tools and programs to connect new customers.*
- Work with Regulatory Department to develop tariff based programs that aid in customer & load growth.*
- Write effectively and understand written communications, including but not limited to email.
- Develop and maintain a positive working relationship with staff, other departments and management.
- Regularly use spreadsheets, database and word processing software, and periodically learn new programs.
- Deal with a wide variety of people with tact, courtesy and professionalism.
- Speak clearly, both in person and by telephone, using a high level of verbal skills and listen carefully.
- Maintain a regular, dependable attendance and a consistently high level of performance.
- Other daily, weekly and monthly duties as assigned.
- May be required to work non-traditional hours as needed.
- Maintain a high regard for personal safety, for the safety of company assets and employees, and the general public.
- May be required to carry a company-provided cell-phone/pager and be available to respond during working hours; may be required to respond during non-working hours, especially related to company emergencies.
- Travel within geographic region (generally Colorado, Wyoming, Nebraska and Arkansas), and occasionally out of the geographic region, may be required and is anticipated, including overnight and/or weekend travel.
Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
- 3-7 years of work history within the utility sector required.
- Familiarity within and proficiency with a Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office environment required.
- Travel required (up to 15%)
Preferred Experience, Skills and Knowledge
Marketing, Economics, Engineering or Business degree ideal.
At SourceGas, you'll enjoy highly competitive compensation along with an outstanding benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) with employer contribution, and much, much more. SourceGas is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, age, citizenship status, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status. EOE/M/F/D/V
IN ADDITION TO THE RÉSUMÉ, APPLICANTS ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO SUBMIT A COVER LETTER FOR THIS POSITION. PLEASE UTILIZE THE "NOTES" FIELD WITHIN THE ONLINE APPLICATION TOOL IN ORDER TO SUBMIT YOUR COVER LETTER.
To submit your application for this position, click here.