Pipeline Safety & Public Awareness Information for the following SourceGas companies:
Rocky Mountain Natural Gas Company
The SourceGas Public Awareness Program was developed to raise the general public's awareness regarding the safety of pipeline operations. We believe this program is vital to the safe operation of our pipelines and that an informed public along our pipeline routes will help to reduce the likelihood and potential impact of pipeline emergencies and releases.
SourceGas's Public Awareness Program satisfies the requirements of the Pipeline Safety Improvement Act (PSIA) of 2002 and the revised regulatory requirements of 49 CFR Parts 192, 195 and the American Petroleum Institute (API) Recommended Practice (RP) 1162.
Our Public Awareness Program communicates the following:
- Awareness of pipelines in the community and their role in transporting energy. For help identifying pipelines in your area, visit the National Pipeline Mapping System (NPMS) at www.npms.rspa.dot.gov.
- How to recognize and respond to a pipeline emergency.
- Awareness of hazards and measures taken to prevent pipeline accidents/incidents.
- Emergency preparedness and measures to mitigate pipeline accidents/incidents.
- Prevention and impacts of third party damages on pipeline systems (one-call requirements).
- Impacts of right-of-way encroachment.
- Hazards associated with unintended releases.
- How to get additional information.
This program applies to our intrastate and interstate hazardous liquid pipelines; intrastate and interstate natural gas transmission pipelines and Jurisdictional Gathering; and local distribution companies.
Want to know more? More information is available for the following audiences:
SourceGas. It’s energy, re-energized.